Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Market Monday... late :)

Sorry I'm a day late with Market pictures today... but our 4th of July was quite exciting with thunderstorms and 50+ guests so I decided I could do a better 'sneak peak' with lots and lots of pictures if I waited til today.  I'll start with my favorite item for this week.  I found two hobnail milk glass lamps.  They were in such terrible condition but I hoped they could be restored. 
I do not know if they are Fenton (started producing glass in early 1900s) hobnail milk glass... as Fenton, to my knowledge, did not start marking their pieces until 1970s.  But they DO have everything that one would expect from that design and make.  I finished restoring only one of the lamps.  I hope to complete the second in the near future but it is a slightly different style and I need to find a shade that works with its proportions... I may have a challenging hunt for that perfect shade.  I wrapped the shade for this lamp in white Belgian linen and added small ruffles to the top and bottom.  The 'star' of this lamp is the hobnail so I tried to be true to that!
 I added another Bentwood chair.  This time the chair is in an old white paint.  I could not love this style chair more, simply could not.
 I also added this bench.  It is holding on to its original black paint for dear life... but truth is it is beautifully loosing the battle, snicker.  I did add a dark wax to add some moisture to the wood that is now showing through the paint.
 The age on this stool is amazing.  Not sure of the wood type but the grain is breathtaking!
 I made this flirty white Belgian linen pillow.  Now I want to make myself several for our master bed! 
 I have found several of these enamelware pieces.  The larger bowl is one of the largest pieces of enamelware I have ever seen.  The colander would be stunning on a kitchen counter full of fruit!
 I personally collect pottery/ironstone bowls.  I have a graduated set of bowls on my kitchen buffet... I can't imagine parting with a single one.  THIS hexagon bowl has fluting on the sides and is a feature piece indeed.  I hope it finds a good home :)
 This is a picture of an open shelf in my kitchen.  This one photo capture 3 of my loves... tarnished silver, ironstone, and old glass. 
 If you are like me and love all things tarnished, you will love browsing the booth this week. 
This creamer and sugar cube vessel is a set.  They are from an estate sale and their shapes are sweet.
 You could place some of these old silverware in the above creamer for a nice vignette.
 These would also be just as gorgeous places in an old glass mason jar as you could see the unique designs of each handle.
 This little urn is darling.  It has this raised floral design that makes the tarnish fade and darken giving perfect 'shadows'. 
 Last but not least... I had these old receipt templates that were printed on linen.  I put them in antique frames to display.  I think this one would be a great piece for a studio or craft room.
Do you love to sew?  The title banner is exquisite.
I hope your 4th of July was great and that you have a wonderful short work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment