Monday, June 27, 2011

Market Monday

I found this table at an estate sale and it was love at first sight.  The legs and cross bars are incredible.  It has been used and loved and has all the wonderful marks to show for it. 
 The top had such amazing character... I simply sanded a few spots and then applied a dark wax to bring out all the details.
 I then painted the apron and legs an 'old white' and did some distressing so that the unique details of the legs would show.  Beautiful!  This table is perfect for a kitchen nook or as a game table in a family room.  It measures 30"x42"x28"tall.  Very versatile!
 I love this skinny bench.  When I found it I thought it would fit perfectly at the end of a bed, especially if you have limited space.  Also would also work well in a mud room or against a wall in your entry. 
 It measures 6.5"deep x 53.5"long x 20"tall.  Do you have the perfect spot for this bench?
I love clock faces, so when I found this round disc... I wanted to paint a clock face on it.  It was quite a task to get it all spaced out and how I wanted it.  I then painted the numbers and markings in cream and rubbed a stain over the whole surface.  Very happy with the final look.
I seem to always have a least one basket each week ;)  The large one is an old tobacco basket, suffice it to say I had to give it a good cleaning but the color is dark and rich, gorgeous.  The handled basket is a light grey with a white wash.  Tons of vases and little accessories made it to the booth this week also.
And this is my favorite piece this week, a child's desk.  It is s.o.l.i.d wood!  I painted the base and legs in white and lightly distressed, and then painted the top with chalk paint.  It has a little chalk/pencil groove and the storage for books and crayons is large.  It is seriously darling and is so well built it should last for a LONG time to come.
I splurged on a little something as a convenience for myself.  I had some business/merchandise tags professionally made, whew... didn't realize how fast I would go through tags and printing, cutting, and punching hole was a tedious task.  I am so pleased with the tag my printer created for my booth!  Love them!
Hope you have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Dawn, you're amazing! How much is the desk/chalkboard going for?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! that table! i'm thinking...i'm thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi.love this blog..do u still have the long wood skinny bench..and if so how much and do you ship..lol..thanks.....awesome job!
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry..forgot to add a email that you could contact me at..trufflepigtreasures@comcast.net..tks :)
    trufflepigblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete